The seasonal shenanigans are officially underway, with Christmas less than 2 weeks away you’d better prepare yourself for even more hustle and bustle. Aside from taking a nap, meditating or going for a jog to relieve stress, fight tensions by digging into some of the following food! Not only to they taste great but they can help in curbing anxiety.
Let's take a look at eight culinary delights that are proven to slash stress:
- Blood oranges. The darker the color of each segment the more Vitamin C it contains. Vitamin C is known to boost concentration, lower cortisol levels and reduce blood pressure.
- Turkey. This tender meat is high in tryptophan which induces feelings of calm. Add a dollop of cranberry sauce to boost nutrient intake.
- Oatmeal. A bowl of steaming hot oatmeal will warm you up and curb cravings on cold winter mornings. The carbohydrate crammed food will increase serotonin levels which ultimately boosts mood.
- Almonds. These nuts are high in B and E Vitamins and are a good source of magnesium. Combined, this goodness protects the immune system, alters the mood and fights fatigue.
- Sweet potatoes. A festive spread wouldn't be right without these nutrient-filled potatoes. They are high in magnesium and Vitamin B6 which enhances mood. The formation of pro-inflammatory compounds is prevented. Thanks to the high levels of lycopene antioxidants.
- Salmon. The omega-3 fatty acids in salmon support healthy brain cell function and raise endorphin levels. What's more, one serving exceeds the recommended daily allowance of Vitamin D. This vitamin reduces feelings of stress, fatigue and depression.
- Oysters. Depression and anxiety is often caused by zinc deficiency. Each serving of oysters contains seven times more zinc than any other type of food. This tasty shellfish is also high in brain-boosting omega-3 fatty acids.
- Lentils. Why not make some hummus dip this season? Lentils are tasty, filling and a good source of fiber. This fiber helps stabilize blood sugar levels which prevent you from experiencing chronic lows when dealing with stress-related issues.
About Roger Harris
Roger Harris is the spokesperson of Compoundia Pharmacy, one of the leading custom compounding centers based in Westlake Village, California. The company specializes in custom compounding, including sterile injectables for veterinary use.